Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lightening = wake up!

No surprise to anyone it has been raining a lot in Montana. Now I don't really have a problem with rain I love to watch storms move in. One thing I really love is thunderstorms. There is something behind watching the lightening and listening to the thunder. It just gives me a thrill of some sorts.

With all this rain I was expecting us to have a thunderstorm anytime soon. Days would go by but no storm. Rain would fall but no storm. I had almost lost hope that we would have a storm. Finally one came at 4:30 in the morning. Not at all when I had hoped for or even desired. Luckily for me the thunder woke me up and I was able to see a couple of lightening strikes before I fell back to sleep. The next morning I was talking to a lady we live with about the storm. My companion later on asks if there was a storm because she didn't wake up from anything and had only heard about it from me and our host member talking about it.

This reminds me of when Christ is going to come again. He says he will come as a thief in the night. We won't know when it will come and we each  pray that we will be able to recognize when he comes. Now I don't want to be a deep sleeper in spiritual things and miss over the signs in life that point me to God because I can't wake up. This can happen to any of us though. We can each be deep sleepers. Luckily though God loves us and He wants us to be awake for when Christ comes again. He gives us prophets and the scriptures to wake us up. By following the guidance of the Lord's words we can be awake and ready for the day when Christ will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment