Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Prayer! What is it?


According to a dictionary.com
prayer
1. a devout petition to God or an object of worship.
2. a spiritual communion with God or an object of worship, as in supplication, thanksgiving, adoration, or confession.
3. the act or practice of praying to God or an object of worship.
4. a formula or sequence of words used in or appointed for praying: the Lord's Prayer.
5. prayers, a religious observance, either public or private, consisting wholly or mainly of prayer.

What does prayer mean to you?

 Here is what prayer means to these people. 

 Sister Asendente: "Prayer is a line that connects us to our Father in Heaven. It is a line that doesn't get busy. So you can call Him anytime."

 Emily Wray: "Pray to me is a connection to something bigger than human, a light that is in all of us, and feeling, brightness. A relief that when you pray, God hears. A connection that not only God see's but what other people can feel."


Elder Sabin: "Prayer to me is like having the ability to communicate with somebody who knows all the answers."


Sister Mace: "Prayer is what keeps me sane and gives me the capacity to keeping going, even when I think I have reached my limits. Prayer is my source of strength and is a direct communication with a loving Heavenly Father who not only listens and hears every word, but answers all of the fears, concerns, frustrations, and questions that we all have. Prayer is also how we can give thanks for all of the many blessings, patients, love and understanding he has given each of us in our times of need."

Sister Green : "Pray is vocalized Faith. It is the opportunity to talk to and recieve guidance from a perfect Father. It is the will of us aligning with Him and allowing us to recieve the blessings he wants to give us but is conditional upon us asking for them."

Lacey Griffiths: "Prayer is a moment that I can take, anytime, anywhere, any way I get a face to face moment with God. In those few precious moments I am am not judged, ridiculed, nor am I passed judgement! I cherish each moment I get with my Lord and Savior to ask for and thank him for the blessings bestowed upon me and my home!"

Jessica King: Prayer is proof to me of a loving Heavenly Father. He has provided a way for us to communicate with him at any time. He is always there when I need him, always within listening distance. It just shows me how much He loves me.
Laura Lehman: Personal prayers are my favorite. I can completely let down my guard and have a conversation with my Father in Heaven. I also have the time to listen for, and feel the answers.

Sister Tuckett: Prayer gives me peace, it lets me know that everything will be alright. I know that I can pray and that God will answer and that I can have strength. He has been there for me so many times in my life.

Prayer is one of the most special gifts that we have been given by God. It allows us to know that we are not alone and that someone loves us unconditionally. If it has been a while since you have prayed talk the time to open up your soul to the Lord and come to know that He is always there for you. Then think about what prayer means to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment