Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring

The other morning between my alarm at 6:25 and my next one at 6:30 I heard the most wonderful surprise. What I heard was the birds singing good morning to each other. With all the snow and crazy weather that we have been having I didn't know if I would ever hear them again.

What I love most about listening to the songs are how cheerful they are. I can just imagine what the birds are singing. "Good morning how are you? The sun is coming up and I am wonderful. Spring is close. Spring is near. I love spring." Some mornings I too want to join in their songs about spring. What a wonderful season. A renewal of green grass, flowers, birds, and new baby animals. Spring light and bright sun casts away the gloom that sometimes accompanies winter. It is a time where we can go outside and actually want to stay.

In the World Book Encyclopedia it says, "Spring is the time of year when life begins again." Spring only comes once a year but something even more wonderful is that our life can begin again whenever we apply the Atonement to it. Through repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and the sacrament (all made possible through Jesus Christ) we can have a new life, a Christ centered life. We can be new people and have a spring season with Christ in our lives. "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

While spring only happens once a year we have an eternal spring, when a Christ centered life begins, daily if we choose so. Let us be like those birds singing about "spring". Let us be so happy and excited that it bursts from us each morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment