Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fanks


Thank you, thank you, thank you. Two really simple words that really can make a major difference.

So once upon a time where I wasn't really happy. It was a long hard couple of months and I wanted to pull my hair out. I wrote to my mom and told her what I was going through. Her advice was to make a gratitude bowl. So every night on a slip of paper I write something that I was grateful for that day. Sometimes it is the weather, or people, or something I read in the scriptures, or something we ate. Really it was anything that I felt thankful for at that moment. The interesting thing was that it actually helped. I felt happier, I felt more at peace. I felt like I was me again. All this came about really by saying two simple words... thank you.  
"My brothers and sisters, do we remember to give thanks for the blessings we receive? Sincerely giving thanks no only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God's love." - President Thomas S. Monson.
So, feel down and out? Feeling not like yourself? Feeling like no one understands? Maybe think about having a gratitude bowl and see how your life will change because you can feel the love of God better.

No comments:

Post a Comment