Friday, May 13, 2011

Uniqueness

"Every star is different and so is every child."

One thing that really does make me happy is being unique. I like doing things, saying things, wearing thing others don't. In high school I used to get the biggest urges to wear things that were just weird that carried on to college and even now. I picked to play the french horn because I knew no one else  in my area played it. Then of course, I say things that most people don't.

There has always been something deep inside of me that tells me I have to be different, It makes me think my mom was inspired than to name me what she did--Crikette. I have yet to meet someone with their first name as Crikette; regardless of the spelling.

The wonderful thing is I know that God love me the way I am; in fact, He created me. In Jeremiah 31:3 the Lord speaks of how much He loves us: "...yea I have loved thee with an everlasting love, therefore with loving kindness have I drawn thee."

God loves us with all our quircks and differences. He loves us even when we are 5'1" with red hair. He loves us just the way we are because He has created us just the way we are. Look at all the variety in nature. To me that testifies that He loves diversity.

So celebrate your uniqueness! Celebrate that you are a beloved child of God with your own personality. Celebrate individuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment