Thursday, September 1, 2011

God Loves You

Hey guess what? God loves you!
I think that this is the most important thing that any of us could understand. All other knowledge doesn't really mean a whole ton until you come to understand that God loves you.
But first before you can know that God loves you you have to know who God is to you. Is God someone who is close to you? Do you think that He is just some being up in the heavens that isn't really mindful of you? I can tell you that God is close to you and that you can have a very personal relationship with Him. In fact He is the father of our spirits. He created us. He knows everything there is to know about us. He even knows us better than we know ourselves. The scriptures strongly testify of who God is and how much He knows and cares for us. In Alma 18:32 it says,"...and he knows all the thoughts and intents of the heart; fory by his hands were they all created from the beginning."
So God does know and love each and every single one of us. Knowing that He does opens all sorts of doors. For me the main thing that it helps me with is the understanding that He will and does answer my prayers. I just imagine how much my dad loves me and how he will answer my questions. God loves us even more than we can understand and if our dads will answer us then of course so will our Heavenly Father. "What man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?" (Matthew 7: 9-11)
But you don't have to take my word for it. Look around and see God's love. Pray to Him and feel God's love. Everytime you read the scriptures I know you will be able to understand that God does love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment